In line with the National Curriculum, in this design and construction unit, Owls will:
- Generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion, annotated sketches, cross-sectional and exploded diagrams, prototypes, pattern pieces and computer-aided design.
- Select from and use a wider range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities.
- Evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria and consider the views of others to improve their work.
- Understand how key events and individuals in design and technology have helped shape the world.
This term, Owls will be undertaking First Aid training as part of their 'Be The Best'. They started on Friday (06.11.20) with learning about emergency phone calls, as well as five different types of injury and how to treat these.
The Department for Education recommends that pupils in Key Stage 2 should know:
- how to make a clear and efficient call to the emergency services
- basic first aid concepts, for example, dealing with common injuries such as head injuries.